Betadine Sore Throat Gargle 15mL - Concentrated
- Product Information
Betadine Sore Throat Gargle Benefits
Betadine Sore Throat Gargle kills bacteria that can cause sore throats - fast*.
*In laboratory studies
Fast acting* and convenient
It is a concentrated formula - there is a convenient measure included in the pack to help you dilute 1mL of solution to 20mL with water added.
*In laboratory studies
Three common causes of a sore throat
#1: Viral throat infections
A viral infection is the most common cause of a sore throat - about 90% of cases. Always seek the advice of a healthcare professional if you are experiencing extreme discomfort, difficulty breathing or swallowing, or if symptoms do not improve with self care.
#2: Bacterial throat infections
Bacterial infections can also cause sore throats - the most common example would be strep throat (caused by streptococcus bacteria). Strep throat causes roughly 40% of sore throats in children.? Always seek the advise of a healthcare professional if you experience symptoms such as skin rash, fever, headache, nausea or difficulty swallowing.
#3: Exposure to environmental irritants
Irritants in the environment can also be sore throat causes. These can be allergens such as pollen, grass and pet dander, which will cause symptoms such as nasal congestion, sneezing, watery eyes and throat irritation. Chemicals and environmental irritants such as cigarette smoke, pollution, and cleaning products can also cause throat irritation.?
Tips to help beat a sore throat
- - Get as much rest as possible, eat soft and nutritious foods, and avoid smoking4
- - Drink plenty of water and non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated beverages?
- - Hot water with a squeeze of lemon and dollop of honey can be soothing4
- - Gargle with warm salty water?, or try using Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle every 3-4 hours
- - Sucking on a lozenge such as Betadine Sore Throat Lozenges or Betadine Anaesthetic Lozenges may be soothing and relieve symptoms
- - Inhaling steam can help to relieve congestion associated with sore throats?
- IQVIA data, Australia, Sore Throat Segment, Gargle Sub Segment, Unit Sales, 52 Weeks March 2020
- Healthline, Australia, Sore Throat 101, September 2017
- Healthline, Australia, Help for Sore Throats, September 2013
- Healthline, Australia, 12 Natural Remedies for Sore Throat, March 2017.
Antibacterial sore throat treatmentBetadine Sore Throat Gargle is a concentrated antibacterial formula used as an aid in the treatment of sore throats. This gargle must be diluted before use; a convenient measure is included in the pack.
Active Ingredients: Povidone-Iodine.
Contains: Contains alcohol
Storage Temperature: Below 25°c